- Q: Why is your externship more affordable than other companies?
A:Because you deal directly with us. There is not third party involved.
- Q: What is the advantage of joining your Externship as opposed to joining other big companie's programs?
A: You get a clear idea about the office as opposed to other companies where you are randomly placed and you have minimal information about the office you are placed.
- Q: If I am interested in other specialties other than Family Medicine, such as Internal Medicine, Psychiatry, Pathology or any other field, will I be able to do rotation with you to learn about the American Health System and get LOR?
A:Yes, about 90% of our program graduates apply to different fields other than or in addition to family medicine. Based on our data, about 40-60% get accepted into residency either Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
- Q:How early do i apply to your program?
A: The earlier the better, the more you wait the higher the chances that you will pay the late fee mentioned in the application/price section. Do be fair to others late fee will not be waived.
- Q: Will I need transportation to get to your offices?
A: It is ok if you do not want to drive. You can use private transportation mentioned in our transportation section or you can use Uber or Lyft. We will transfer you from office to office during lunch hour. If you like to drive, Either rent a car or bring your own car. Driving is very easy, there are no highways.
A: Majority of our externs lives in the houses recommended on our website, Extended Stay America in Madison Heights Michigan or lately many been looking at airbnb since it is more affordable.
- Q: Do you sponsor externs for a work/student visa?
A:No. Also we do not sponsor or write visa acceptance letters to show to the embassy for anyone. Apply to us only if you have a valid visa and you are physically present in USA. You will not be considered if you do not have a visa or live in USA. Do not use our office or our website information in order for you to get a visa.
- Q: Do you go to the hospital?
A:No, I am only in outpatient settings, going between the Troy and Sterling Heights offices. Half day in each office 5 days a week. However I am a staff at 2 community hospitals and two university hospitals. If you want to check the names they are listed on the homepage.
- Q: What will my responsibilities be in the office?
A: After several days of shadowing senior extern, you will see the patient by yourself or work as a pair with another team member. You will do the initial history, assessment vitals, EKG, etc. Then you will present the case to Dr. Jaddou or you will just see another patient without presenting.
- Q: How many days or hours a week will i be doing externship?
A: Exact hours will be determined based on how many students/externs we have. If we have many students then you will have less hours. We do not know have many students we will have because we have a rolling admission. If you want less days or hours so that you can study, they let us know.
- Q: How many externs do you have each month?
A:It varies, month to month and we are not able to know that until the beginning of that month. In general we have many patients for everyone to learn.
- Q: Do you write a letter of recommendation (LOR)?
A: Yes. If you perform well, you will get a letter of recommendation only after completing your rotation.
- Q: When I go through your externship will I improve my scores on the USMLE?
A:Yes. We get many externs who take our rotation to just improve on CS or CK or step 3. You will be more confident in USMLE CS, ck or step 3 exam studying here.
- Q:Do I have to pass all of my exams in order to do an externship?
A:No, USMLE exams are not required. Some externs do rotation with us to improve their score on USMLE.
- Q: If I have to study of my boards, can you be more flexible with the schedule?
A: Sure we can work with you.